Hello long neglected blog. I am actually not going to say I feel bad about not writing, because here’s what I’ve been doing with my time:
- working on my PhD
- working on getting the Ada Initiative underway
- working on a PHP programming contract
- working on the Linux Australia Council
- household stuff, like snuggling my boy!
I’ll be back more once a few of those things disappear from my life.01.18.11
I’ve accepted a nomination to stand for Ordinary Council Member of Linux Australia in 2011, and here’s my statement. If you have any questions and so on, please let me know! Ideally ask them on the linux-aus list but here is OK too.
Voting is at https://www.linux.org.au/membership/ until Jan 26th. You can sign up for free membership there at any time. I actually don’t want people to sign up for the sole purpose of electing me, but if you’re an Open Source developer or community member in Australia the organisation is designed for you.
I am keen to help Linux Australia with community and events in 2011 as an OCM. I am especially interested in events, especially liaison and helping Open Source events in Australia, which are increasingly affiliated with LA, share knowledge and resources. I’m also interested in being part of discussions about Linux Australia, Open Source in Australia and young people: entry level community involvement and entry level career outreach for the next generation of Open Source hackers.
Selected previous Open Source community involvement:
- chair or co-chair of paper selection committee 2008–2010
- member of paper selection committee 2007–
- (co-)lead organiser, 2007–2008
- founder, 2007
AussieChix (Australian chapter of LinuxChix):
- microconf co-organiser, 2008
- systems administration, event organisation, website maintainence, 2007–
- founder, 2007
- administrator, 2005–
- active contributor, 2004–2006
Sydney Linux Users Group (SLUG):
- Secretary, 2003
- Ordinary Committee Member, 2002